Please Look for Link to Other ST Moments sites.

Please Look for Link to Other ST Moments sites.

Thursday 8 August 2013

Data's Day Edit Started

Hello Inter-Web-Land.


Well I have finally started the Data's Day edit, the evidence is below, I'm up to the scene where O'Brien asks Data to speak to Keiko again and try to convince her that the wedding should go ahead. I have decided to create an edit based around Data's narration of the episode, which will also touch upon the secondary storyline of the Vulcan Ambassador. As usual the hardest part of creating these edits is what to cut out while keeping the essence of the storyline. What I find it easier to do is to create the edit trying not to think to much about who long it will be and then when it's finished, treat it like an offline edit, which can be reduced as needed.
But it's that process which can be very difficult when there are so many scenes that fans remember as their own personal favorites. I don't know whether to eventually cut the secondary storyline out completely and just have the wedding and the dancing scene which will be quite long when I get to it. Decisions, decisions, this is why I started this blog to try and get some input of the other fans of the series to help me make these ST Moments (NextGen Edition) as good as possible, which is what I am trying to do. I am also having a few problems with my choice of codex for the HD edits, I am trying to keep the quality good but the file size down, currently using, any suggestions would be welcome.

Codec: H264-MPEG-4 AVC(part 10)(avc1)
Resolution : 960x720
Frame Rate : 23.976023 
Decoded format : Planer 4:2:0
Audio
MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)
Sample Rate : 48000 Hz
I will keep at it and see if I can get it right, people seem to like the longer edits anyway so we could end up with a 10-15 min version.

 All the Best DarMok




Screen grab of Premiere episode 85 Data's Day HD edit

No comments:

Post a Comment